Build your professional learning network with advanced Twitter tips and tools! Learn how Twitter chats, hashtags, lists, mobile/web apps, and searches can connect you with educators and classroos worldwide.
Purpose & Objectives
As an active member of twitter for the last 6 years, I have found it to be one of the best ways to build both a personal and global professional learning network to keep up with the current trends in education and to enable conversations about learning and technology. This session is aimed at all users of twitter from beginner to advanced but will tend to be skewed towards the regular and advanced users. After attending this session participants will be able to
• Recognize strong profiles
• Understand the use of hashtags and how to find them
• Participate in twitter chats for professional development
• Schedule tweets using hootsuite or buffer
• Understand the effective use of lists in twitter
• Recognize the tools and platforms that can enhance their twitter experience eg tweetchat, hootsuite, tweetdeck, tweetgrid etc
• Appreciate the advanced functionality of link shorteners
• Apprehend popular mobile apps
• Know how to use quality searches to find quality people to follow
Classroom uses of twitter will be shared if time permits. Participants attending the session, the conference and a global network will be asked to crowdsource a synchronous collaborative online document on “All things Twitter” to build a rich resource in the use of Twitter to make “Learning Personal” but also collective. Come along and share what you want to know and what you would like to know!
Attendees should bring their questions, knowledge and experiences and be prepared to share them in both a backchannel and and collaboratively on an online document. They will need a mobile device to be able get maximum impact out of the session.